Chronic Pain Management
Whether you are dealing with pain on a daily or intermittant basis or want to come off of opioid therapy altogether there are many modalities of pain management including medications that are not opioids that are exceptional at pain reduction. Using a multi-modal approach you can have more success with pain management than with opioids alone. Pain is experienced differently in each patient so your pain care plan will be tailored specifically to your needs and functional goals.
Contact us to set up an initial pain management consult. No opioids will be prescribed during your first visit so please plan accordingly. Please bring whatever documentation and imaging you may have OR have your records faxed for me to better serve your pain needs in a timely manner.
I do NOT dispense opioids or schedule II at the clinic.
Your pain agreement with me will include:
- Yearly comprehensive visit and agreement renewal.
- Random urine testing. Marijuana use will not be against policy but there will be general knowledge and consent.
- Use of standardized screening tools for opioid misuse risk.
- Participation in prescribed therapies including non-medication/integrative strategies
- I MUST be your ONLY opioid prescriber including dental or other procedures.
- Maintaining functional goals
- Routine visits: the frequency is dependent upon multiple factors